An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in Killingworth for a Production Engineer to join our growing business. This position will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the CEO you will provide production engineering requirements for Tyne Pressure Testing, whilst supporting the CEO in ensuring the requirements of the production schedule are met.
Duties will include
- To be aware of the business processes and tasks that are defined within your role ensuring that process failures and improvement opportunities are dealt with, procedures are modified where necessary and are brought to the attention of the process owner and/or the CEO
- To maintain and develop documents and procedures that demonstrate production planning and control within the business.
- To investigate and recommend new methods to improve the businesses efficiency and reduce costs
- To develop and implement the use of programmable logic controller’s (PLC’s) and associated control systems to automate pressure test requirements, where applicable and cost effective.
- To support the Test Technicians to help set up test and data capture equipment
- To ensure that the test equipment, associated tooling and consumables are available to suit the requirements of the businesses production schedule
- To design and manufacture the necessary assembly and test tooling, where required
- To liaise with customers to develop and agree the required testing methodology and procedure
- To write test procedures and generate component test record sheets, where required
- To download completed test results, analyse test records against procedure and approve
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
The successful candidate will be a time served apprentice or have an equivalent NVQ / BTEC qualification in an engineering discipline, together with an HNC or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
The successful applicant must be proficient in the use of computer aided design (CAD) system Creo or similar CAD packages with the ability to interpret engineering drawings. Experience of PLC’s and associated control systems together with electrical circuit knowledge is essential.
They will be able to demonstrate strong communication and problem solving skills together with strong attention to detail and effective time management skills. A positive, proactive and motivated approach to their work and the ability to work under pressure within time constraints is also essential.
Working hours are 37 per week.
4th August 2021
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.