Reporting to the Lead Commodity Specialist, these roles will have the primary function to provide administrative support to the purchasing team.
Duties will include
- To provide administrative support to the purchasing team, including the processing of purchase orders and management of all related purchase order documentation.
- To check invoices for discrepancies and ensure these are accurately processed for payment.
- To prompt resolution of any invoice queries raised by the accounts department.
- To provide general support including scanning, filing and data entry.
- To arrange meetings, attend and minute where required.
- To arrange travel and accommodation for members of the purchasing team.
- To operate the time and attendance system to ensure wages, holidays and overtime are recorded accurately.
- To answer department calls, take messages and respond to urgent enquiries.
Applicants must be proficient in Microsoft Office and should have experience of working in a similar role within a purchasing environment, ideally within an engineering and/or manufacturing organisation.
Applicants will demonstrate a positive, ’can do’ attitude to their work, combined with an ability to work under pressure and within time constraints, along with the ability to organise priorities and meet deadlines.
Strong communication skills both verbal and written are essential, as are effective time management skills. A working knowledge of production processes and systems would be a distinct advantage.
This is an opportunity to join a large global, long established, progressive business where you can develop experience in an essential activity supporting our production facility.