Reporting to the QC Supervisor, this role will be responsible for carrying out mechanical inspection activities to ensure the required quality standards are achieved, maintained and improved.
Duties will include
- To liaise with the QC Supervisor with regard to allocation of work.
- To carry out mechanical inspection of completed parts.
- To ensure quality system procedures are being adhered to and are operating effectively.
- To complete inspection bookings and releases.
- To follow business processes to ensure component traceability and identification.
- To complete in-process and final inspection checks.
- To identify non-conforming material identification and documentation.
- To ensure non-conforming material is managed via the DMR (defective material review) process.
- To determine and perform inspection training as required.
- To ensure process failures and improvement opportunities are brought to the attention of the process owner or QC Supervisor.
- To ensure 5S principles are applied to quality department and standards are sustained through audits.
- To ensure that you work in a safe manner and comply with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy.
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected.
Applicants should have similar previous experience within a quality inspection role, ideally in an engineering and/or manufacturing organisation.
They should also have the ability to organise priorities and meet deadlines, and will be flexible and willing to work various shift patterns. Please note that the shift patterns that run in the QC department include day shift, night shift and a three shift system.
Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.