An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in South Shields for a Quality Administrator to join our growing business. This position will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Quality Manager the role will provide administrative support for the quality department to ensure information is captured, stored and distributed in an accurate and efficient way.
Duties will include
- To learn about Rotary Power products and processes in order to contribute to their continuous improvement
- To update analytical tools required by the quality department which are necessary for effective decision making, work prioritisation and KPM monitoring
- To capture quality data and information within appropriate systems ensuring the data is accurate and complete
- To support quality projects within Rotary Power
- To gain proficiency of the calibration controls, systems and processes, ultimately gaining the ability to fulfil the calibration needs of the company when appropriate
- To support with the provision and review of incoming and outgoing supplier information to ensure information is accurate and up to date
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate must have relevant quality experience ideally from a manufacturing environment as well as a good understanding of quality processes. Applicants should ideally have GCSE Maths and Science (grade A- C) together with good Microsoft office (especially Excel), IT and good communication skills (both written and verbal). Knowledge of IFS would be an advantage.
The successful candidate must have excellent attention to detail with a positive, logical and motivated approach to work. They will also be well organised with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Hours of work are 37 per week; however the successful candidate must have a flexible approach to working hours to meet the needs of the business.
What we offer:
The successful candidate will receive a ‘new starter’ payment of £375.00 after 6 continuous months of employment and a further £375.00 after 12 continuous months (payment is subject to the terms and conditions of the scheme).
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Free on-site parking
27 May 2022
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.