An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in South Shields for a Quality Engineer at our Simonside factory in South Shields. This position will be on a full time, permanent basis.
The Quality Engineer will work in the quality team ensuring project quality engineering requirements are identified, communicated and applied to all relevant areas of the business.
The role is key to continually develop and improve quality engineering processes and procedures by maintaining ISO 9001 status.
Duties will include
- To prepare test reports for delivered goods and manage the upkeep of inspection and test plans for projects
- To ensure receipt and accuracy of supplier certification
- To manage the maintenance of approved supplier records
- To carry out audits and product verification at supplier premises when necessary
- To process supplier concession requests
- To be responsible for governance of corrective and preventative action throughout the business
- To identify and execute corrective actions to resolve product and process issues
- To conduct internal audits on business processes and create and update procedures
- To manage the document control process, review storage of inspection and test records and maintain external standards and specifications
- To ensure compliance of specific manufacturing processes to ensure they are compliant and effective
- To deputise for colleagues and undertake related task
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate must hold a recognised mechanical engineering qualification (time served, ideally HNC or above) with experience of medium to heavy manufacturing to stringent tolerances using modern CNC capital equipment. Knowledge of materials, in particular metals and experience of using various national standards is essential. Applicants will have knowledge of foundries, forges and fabrication shops.
They will have experience of metrology and quality control as well as a working knowledge of ISO 9001 system certification and auditing. Lean 6 Sigma knowledge would also be advantageous. Experience of CMM and NDT is advantageous but not essential.
The successful candidate must be computer literate and able to work quickly and accurately with data. They must be able to deal with customers at high level and have the ability to host customer and 2nd part representatives during product verification visits and audits.
The candidate must also be willing to travel overseas when required and hold a current driving licence.
Working hours are 37 per week, however the successful candidates must have a flexible approach to working hours.
What we offer:
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- BE Rewards discounts and cashback
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Free on-site parking
25th January 2022
Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.