An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site at St. Peters, Newcastle upon Tyne for a Quality Engineer to join our growing business.
This position will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer will ensure project quality engineering requirements are identified, communicated to and applied to all relevant areas of the business.
Duties will include
- To review customer request for quote specifications, identify quality requirements and distribute findings
- To compile quality documentation and information as required by the customer request for quote and forward to the sales department for inclusion in bid
- To review assigned sales order packages and specifications in order to identify quality requirements
- To assist in compilation of customer documentation packages and other required records in readiness for submission to the customer for approval/product release
- To liaise with customers and assist in responding to any technical queries
- To liaise with suppliers to ensure their understanding of, and adherence to, BEL Engineering quality requirements
- To assist with delivery of the internal audit process and product specific audits.
- To assist the Quality Manager in the compilation and publishing of department key performance indicators (KPIs)
- To observe company quality systems to ensure they are effective and corrective actions are taken where necessary
- To continuously develop and improve quality engineering processes and procedures and make recommendations as to where process improvements can be made
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate will have previous experience of working in a Quality Engineer role within a quality team, ideally in an engineering and/or manufacturing organisation.
They will be able to demonstrate experience in reading engineering drawings, reviewing client specification and identifying quality requirements. Experience of carrying out audits (both internal and external) is advantageous but not essential.
Working hours are 37 per week.
What we offer:
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Free on-site parking
27 May 2022
Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.