An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in St. Peters for a Quality Engineer to join our growing business. This position will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Senior Project Quality Engineer, duties will include supporting project engineering requirements to ensure these are applied to all relevant areas within the business.
Duties will include
- To carry out specification reviews during quotation / bid stage and following order handover
- To support Senior Project Quality Engineer at pre-inspection meetings (PIM) and kick off meetings (KOM) with clients & client inspectors
- To prepare documents for project use and submittal to clients e.g. inspection and test plans, non- destructive examination procedures (radiography, ultrasonic testing, magnetic particle inspection , dye pen inspection, positive material indentification), painting procedures, casting and forgings material procurement specifications
- To support the Senior Project Quality Engineer in the review of weld procedures and organise / monitor the procedure qualifications with welding sub-contractors
- To work alongside the design engineering team providing support on bills of materials and associated quality requirements.
- To adhere to a work plan containing quality engineering deliverables to the Project Manager and ensure that major issues and updates are communicated as and when required
- To visit suppliers as required to ensure understanding and adherence to BEL Valves quality requirements
- To review / approve incoming supplier material certificates
- To observe company quality systems to ensure they are effective and take corrective actions where necessary
- To support continuous improvement (CI) initiatives including root cause analysis (RCA)
- To perform internal audits when required
- To work alongside the spares & aftermarket team providing inspection and test plans and quality requirements
- To support CI initiatives across the business helping to develop and improve quality engineering & business processes and procedures and to make recommendations for process improvements
The successful candidate must be time served in a relevant discipline with previous experience in a quality and customer facing role.
Effective time management skills are essential as well as excellent organisation and communication skills. They must also have an innovative approach to problem solving.
The successful candidate must have a flexible and motivated approach to work activities with the ability to work independently and as part of a team. The ability to work under pressure and within time constraints are also preferred.
Full UK driving licence preferred but not essential.
Working hours are 35 per week.
3rd August 2021
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.