An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in Cramlington for a Quality Inspector to join our growing business. This position will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Director of Quality, they will be part of the quality assurance quality control team and will interact with the operations department to ensure customer satisfaction.
The Quality Inspector will be responsible for providing dimensional/visual inspection primarily in mould shop and cleats manufacturing departments, as well ensuring the measuring equipment is calibrated.
Duties will include
- To perform and carry out the appropriate formal evaluation and inspection checks of machined product in accordance with the manufacturing procedures and quality standards
- To identify and react accordingly to quality problems
- To support the determination of acceptable and unacceptable internal and external quality standards
- To liaise with departments to ensure good quality products are produced
- To segregate non-conforming product
- To support investigations carried out by quality engineers
- To interpret engineering drawings
- To carry out welding and moulded part inspections
- To assess product quality against standards and make decisions on the level of acceptability
- To have an appreciation of quality standards, processes and systems
- To run on site calibration programme of all measuring equipment including ensuring all new equipment is added to the calibration database
- To ensure orders are raised to replace damaged or missed gauges
- To organise for any off site calibration required (in-house and/or with an external calibration company)
- To cover inspection and support as required (potentially manufacturing and goods in)
- To support training of apprentices and trainees
- To have a flexible approach to work activities including working various machines within capability and working shifts as required to meet production needs
- To comply with the integrated management system and minimise any impact on the environment whilst carrying out their duties
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate will have an understanding of high volume machine shop production processes and systems with the ability to use a wide range of inspection equipment. They will have the ability to assess product quality against standards and make decisions on the level of acceptability.
Excellent communication skills are essential as well as organisation and IT skills. They will be self-motivated and have an enthusiasm for the role of quality in the company.
Working hours are 37 per week
What we offer:
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- BE Rewards discounts and cashback
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Free on-site parking
3rd December 2021
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.