An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in Bishop Auckland for a Quality Manager to join our growing
business. This position will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the CEO this position will be responsible for the creation and implementation of best practice
quality vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to assist and improve operational
The successful candidate will ensure the company achieves quality objectives, conforming to Stephenson
Gobin requirements, ISO standards and customer requirements.
They will be responsible for new quality initiatives and projects, reviewing and communicating the impact
on quality activities, ensuring the quality of all internally produced and bought in components meet the
quality standards required.
The successful candidate will also support quality audit and inspection activities.
Duties will include
- To review, analyse and continually develop the quality management system (QMS) to ensure
compliant and efficient methods are utilised within the business ensuring corrective actions are
- To develop and maintain effective quality policies and procedures to ensure products and processes
are reviewed, risk assessed and functionally robust.
- To ensure all traceability requirements are maintained and sustained.
- To manage and conduct internal, supplier and third party audits in conjunction with the Quality
- To ensure the required quality records are professionally maintained and are readily accessible for
internal and external audit review. Audit ready for IATF 16949.
- To manage and maintain process control and capability through statistical techniques.
- To champion a program to support continuous improvement through work based projects utilising Six
Sigma, Kaizen, and Lean principles.
- To continually develop the cultural and behavioural aspects of quality and continuous improvement
through training and awareness, monitoring through performance measures.
- To organise and carry out training programmes to promote and engage personnel at all levels in order
to achieve a common understanding of quality principles and achieve the required competency levels.
(I.e. Gauge R&R).
- To have responsibility for the introduction of relevant corrective (8D) and preventative actions from
quality issues, customer complaints (CCR), suppliers (NCR) and audit findings.
- To create and analyse quality data to identify trends for improvement activities.
- To manage the implementation of quality aspects within the new business system (IFS).
- To manage the Goods Inward QC Inspector, as appropriate, ensuring completion of required tasks or
- Support inspection personnel in maintaining and improving their processes and duties.
- Ensure measurement studies, part and process analyses are supported and completed when
- Control and develop QA documents, e.g. standard operating procedures, defect catalogue, where
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the
company’s health, safety and environmental policies.
The successful candidate must have a relevant manufacturing / engineering degree or equivalent level 5
qualification and a proven work history. They will have a minimum 5 years’ experience within quality
management in a manufacturing environment, knowledge of a wide variety of manufacturing, machining
and assembly processes and techniques and membership of an industry related body. Internal Auditor
certification for ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 is essential, ISO 50001 is advantageous.
They will have good knowledge and experience of quality improvement / problem solving techniques such
as 5S, CoPQ measures, 8D/CAPA, Kaizen/PDCA, Six Sigma and DMAIC methodology, statistical process
control, and visual aids management.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and working knowledge of IATF 16949:2016 is advantageous.
Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal and leadership skills are essential along with
the ability to maintain and monitor accurate written and computerised process data. They will also be
driven and highly motivated with the ability to work well under pressure.
Working hours are 38.75 per week
What we offer:
The successful candidate will receive a ‘new starter’ payment of £375.00 after 6 continuous months of employment and a further £375.00 after 12 continuous months (payment is subject to the terms and conditions of the scheme).
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Free on-site parking
18th August 2022
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6
Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a
current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you
heard about the vacancy.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this