An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in South Shields for a Quality Systems Engineer to join our growing business. This position will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Quality Manager the Quality Systems Engineer will ensure the local business management system is sustained and remains capable of meeting the expectations and requirements of the business.
Duties will include
- To ensure compliance with the company quality management system across the business
- To be responsible for the continuous improvement of the company quality management systems
- To plan and control the management of the internal systems audit program
- To manage all third party ongoing assessments and certification within the scope of the quality management system
- To ensure effective implementation of change control, this will include product change and process change management, along with quality systems continuous improvement activities
- To plan and ensure all audit actions, non-conformances and opportunities for improvement are effectively managed and closed in a timely manner
- To ensure colleagues are fully engaged with the quality management systems through regular communication and awareness training including new starters
- Guide and support colleagues in the creation and monitoring of processes, procedures and quality plans
- To support the implementation of quality and continuous improvement methodologies (APQP, PPAP, SPC, FMEA, 8D)
- To analyse system and production data to identify improvement opportunities. This will include analysing production data, identifying and implementing/co-ordinating improvement activities
- To prepare daily, monthly and quarter quality performance reports
- Verification of non-conformances and implemented corrective and preventative actions using proven tools and techniques
- To assist with supplier development and control (supplier scorecards, supplier audits etc.)
- Involvement in the engineering change control process
The successful candidate must be a qualified auditor and possess either an HND qualification and/or a CQI Managing Management system qualification; both are desirable however equivalent experience will be considered. They will also preferably have a 6 Sigma qualification (minimum of Green Belt) and have a CQI/ASQ accredited qualification.
It would be advantageous if the successful applicant was a Leader IRCA auditor with knowledge of integrated management systems.
They will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience operating in a manufacturing quality assurance systems role and must have knowledge of manufacturing systems and process control in an engineering business. They will have proven people management and quality management systems experience from a regulated industry with a comprehensive understanding of system and process control tools and techniques. Experience of managing third party and customer site audits are essential.
Excellent communication and team working skills are a must as is the ability to lead and facilitate cross functional teams. They will have an excellent eye for detail and be self-motivated to achieve.
Working hours are 37 per week.
What we offer
The successful candidate will receive a ‘new starter’ payment of £375.00 after 6 continuous months of employment and a further £375.00 after 12 continuous months (payment is subject to the terms and conditions of the scheme).
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Free on-site parking
27 May 2022
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.