Michell Bearings is looking for a Quality Technician to join the team based at Simonside, South Shields. The successful candidate will work as part of the quality team, utilising the coordinate measuring machine to inspect components to meet customer deadlines and the required quality standards; making improvements where necessary.
Duties will include
- To read, interpret and understand 2D customer drawings for a range of industries.
- To determine the programming requirements based on drawings and engineering requirements with a specific focus on understanding Geometrics, Dimensions and Tolerances (G, D &T).
- To assist in identifying and utilising the most effective and efficient methods of checking components.
- To assure accurate component measurement through correct CMM operation, programming, calibration and cleanliness.
- To perform 100% inspection of components.
- To identify non-conforming items via the company’s non-conformance reporting system and maintenance of inspection status.
- To ensure component traceability and identification; ensuring that this is correctly maintained.
- To ensure documentation is accurate and maintained to a high standard.
- To ensure quality system procedures are being adhered to and are operating effectively.
- To ensure 5S principles are applied to the Quality Control department and that standards are sustained in line with audit requirements.
- To ensure that you work in a safe manner and comply with the company’s Health and Safety Policy.
The successful candidate will be time served or have equivalent engineering training. They must have experience operating and programming coordinate measuring machines, as well as the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and quality specifications. The successful candidate must also be skilled in the use of inspection and test equipment and be capable of being trained to use other measuring equipment owned by the company. Experience with measurement arms would be advantageous. The candidate should also have a good understanding of the company’s products and be able to communicate clearly, make logical and rapid decisions, be computer literate and willing to work shifts. They should be able to manage their time effectively and efficiently, work independently and problem solve.
Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.