An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in South Shields for a Repair Operator to join our growing business. This position will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Repair Team Leader the successful candidate will be part of the customer support repair team and will be responsible to ensure bearings are refurbished and assembled in accordance with quality procedures and customer requirements.
Duties will include
- To set up and machine various bearing components e.g. journal pad set, journal bushes, journal and thrust collars, baffles etc. on a variation of conventional machine tools
- To undertake fitting and bedding activities in compliance with safe working practices
- To de-burr and identify components in line with the associated quality and customer requirements
- To strip down and survey bearings and associated equipment in line with company procedures
- To ensure that all work is carried out efficiently and accurately recorded on the shop floor data collection system
- To ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the associated shop orders/work-to lists and within the standard hours provided
- To demonstrate that planned inspections and tests have been completed with satisfactory results recorded and/or identified on the necessary paperwork, as defined by the operator process control (OPC) requirements
- To ensure that the correct drawing is used and the appropriate tooling or inspection equipment with the correct calibration status, are selected
- To cooperate with management and others to ensure the company complies with current legislation, health and safety codes of practice on safe working and environmental requirements
- To assist in ensuring that good housekeeping standards are maintained (5‘s system)
- To ensure quality standards are maintained throughout all activities of control
- To comply with relevant departmental and company procedures
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate will be time served in a mechanical engineering discipline. Experience of fitting and machining in the whitemetal industry, including applying and repairing whitemetal faced bearings is desirable. It would also be advantageous if they held a HNC/HND qualification. They should also have knowledge of materials, in particular metals, and experience of using various national standards as well as knowledge of foundries, forges and fabrication shops.
They must also be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications and capable of developing an understanding of hydrodynamic bearing repair procedures.
They will demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated approach to their work, combined with the ability to work under pressure and within time constraints, along with the ability to organise priorities and meet deadlines whilst being a good team worker and contribute to the ongoing performance of the department.
Possession of a full UK driving licence is essential.
Working hours are 37 per week.
The successful candidate will receive a ‘new starter’ payment of £375.00 after 6 continuous months of employment and a further £375.00 after 12 continuous months (payment is subject to the terms and conditions of the scheme).
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Free on-site parking
27 May 2022
Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.