An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in Bishop Auckland for a Sales and Despatch Coordinator to join our growing business. This position will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, this role is part of a team integral in ensuring we achieve the following objectives:
- Maintaining excellent customer service
- Exceeding customer expectation
- Continual improvement of the sales order to delivery process
Duties will include
- To communicate regularly with and provide support to the national and international sales teams
- To create and process offers ensuring all offers and blanket orders are efficiently tracked highlighting any issues to the relevant person or department
- To efficiently process orders and ensure customer inquiries are handled quickly and effectively
- To coordinate general office and sales correspondence i.e. information material, datasheets, delivery reminders etc.
- To be the first point of call for telephone and email enquiries ensuring all requests are actioned promptly and efficiently, providing the customer with accurate information
- To provide day to day control of the despatch process; liaising with the logistics team to organise daily despatch of products, arranging the most appropriate carriers and providing the despatch notes, invoices and carrier’s paperwork for placement with the orders
- To manage the export of finished goods to destinations around the world, ensuring seamless transactions in line with individual customer’s needs. Excellent communication with customers and adherence to our internal quality systems is paramount
- To continually review the best value transport methods; considering quality of service, optimal cost and delivery lead times
- To support purchasing with the import of components from overseas destinations (predominantly India and China)
- To assist other members of the team when required with the efficient distribution of sales invoices, order confirmations and processing credit card payments
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate must hold a relevant NVQ certificate and have GCSE’s in Maths and English or equivalent. They will have up to date experience of managing import and export of components and finished goods. Experience in handling international processes in relation to Brexit and customs formalities is essential. They will be able to demonstrate experience of working in a similar role, undertaking key customer facing duties (such as sales order processing, order acknowledgments etc.).
Applicants will be proficient in using Microsoft Office as well as using enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) systems. Excellent communication skills are essential as well as written and verbal interpersonal skills. They will have the ability to manage their own workload in line with operation and production schedules and be able to work to under pressure to meet deadlines. Strong problem solving skills are required as well as a high attention to detail.
Working hours are 38.75 per week.
What we offer
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- BE Rewards discounts and cashback
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Free on-site parking
17 December 2021
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.