The Senior Business Systems Engineer will join our team of developers working with new technologies and new business projects.
Duties will include
- To work directly with internal stakeholders to ensure a full understanding of business processes and requirements
- To produce efficient and future-proof program units, reports and analytics to effectively meet business requirements
- To estimate development time scales and prioritise accordingly
- To support and maintain existing business systems
- To present ideas for system and process improvements, including cost proposals
- To produce relevant documentation for the items that have been produced
- To provide support and mentoring to junior members of the team
- To ensure that work is conducted in a safe manner and in compliance with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
This role will be particularly suitable for experienced developers with a background in T-SQL or PL\SQL and practice in developing either system. The successful candidate will have ideally worked in an environment where they were engaged in supporting and enhancing business systems.
Data mining, ETL and analysis experience is desirable but not essential. Previous experience of working in an Oracle environment would also be desirable. Knowledge of reporting and data analysis tools such as Crystal Reports and SSRS would be useful.
The successful candidate will be capable of working within a fast paced environment and will be able to multi-task and prioritise their workload. They will have excellent attention to detail complemented by the ability to complete designated tasks under minimal supervision.
Enthusiasm, commercial awareness and an ability to interact with a wide range of internal contacts in a professional and understanding manner are essential.
Experience of leading a small team would be advantageous.
A full UK driving licence is desirable.
Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.