An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in South Shields for a Setter Operator to join our growing business. This position will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Production Supervisors, the successful candidate will work in the manufacturing team supporting the machine shop with a number of tasks.
Duties will include
- To set and operate surface lapping machines
- To set and operate internal spline cutting machines
- To set and operate manual drilling and tapping machines
- To operate a basic CNC lathe
- To use measuring equipment accordingly
- To operate in-house computer systems for the recording of work activities
- To support training of apprentices and trainees
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful applicant must be time served (or possess other equivalent training in engineering) and should have previous experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment. They will have the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
They will demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated flexible approach to their work as well as being able to work overtime when required as well as working shifts to meet production needs as required
Ability to communicate clearly and make logical rapid decisions together with being able to manage their time effectively and efficiently with the ability to problem solve whilst working independently.
Working hours are 37 per week.
What we offer:
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- BE Rewards discounts and cashback
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Free on-site parking
21st January 2022
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.