Reporting to the Maintenance Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of all site facilities and associated equipment.
Duties will include
- To conduct repairs and the maintenance of facilities equipment including compressors, boilers and chillers etc
- To ensure all statutory inspections and preventive maintenance activities are completed to plan and all administration duties associated with these tasks are thoroughly closed out
- To be responsible for compliance with HS&E legislation and company safety procedures
- To speak to suppliers and manufacturers to order parts or for technical advice
- To manage contractors on site including inductions and permits to work
- To be responsible for identifying potential energy saving opportunities and ensuring that projects are completed to plan
- To ensure all documentation is maintained and stored correctly
- To ensure effective maintenance response and prioritisation of tasks to minimise operational downtime
- To improve preventive maintenance procedures for all facilities and associated equipment
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate must be a time served electrician (17th Edition +) with knowledge of site facilities and equipment.
They must also have excellent communication and organisational skills as well as having excellent attention to detail. They will demonstrate a positive, hands on and motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure within time constraints.
Working hours are 37 per week, dayshift.
27 May 2022
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time