An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site at St. Peters, Newcastle upon Tyne for Spares & Business Coordinator to join our growing business. This position will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Paint and Completions Supervisor, the Spares & Business Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of all spares orders in-line with customer requirements. They will assist with logistic activities and provide administrative support within the operations area.
Duties will include
- To manage and maintain the spares planner by liaising with team members for updates ensure this document is always fully up to date
- To support the sales team in the creation of service and spares quotations as necessary
- To ensure that all new spares orders received are reviewed and entered into the business system correctly
- To work with the business Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and On Time Delivery (OTD) requirements for all spares orders; ensuring that these targets are met
- To expedite other areas of the business to ensure activities are being completed in a timely manner relating to spares orders
- To ensure that certificates and documentation relating to spares orders are correct and available at the applicable time
- To enter and update new suppliers into the business system raising business Purchase Orders (PO’s) and approving invoices to allow payment
- To work closely with the Logistics Team Lead to provide assistance and cover with logistic activities as and when needed
- To update invoicing team with any requests when needed
- To be the first point of contact for all spares orders, providing updates on delivery, answers on queries; and collating investigation outcomes as required
- To participate and chair weekly spares meeting, recording updates onto the spares planner and issue actions as applicable
- To assist with VISA applications and travel arrangements
- To ensure departmental calibration certificates are recorded and the company register is up to date
- To ensure that all administrative work and clerical duties are planned and executed effectively within the operations area
- To raise Notification of Inspections (NOI’s) for any required customer inspections and update reports
- To ensure all quality assurance, business process and standard operating procedures are followed at all times
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate will have previous experience of working in a similar role within an engineering/manufacturing organisation.
Applicants will be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills and will have strong time management skills. They will portray a positive, innovative and motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure and within time constraints, along with the ability to organise priorities and meet deadlines.
They will be able to work effectively within a team and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages.
Working hours are 35 per week.
What we offer:
The successful candidate will receive a ‘new starter’ payment of £375.00 after 6 continuous months of employment and a further £375.00 after 12 continuous months (payment is subject to the terms and conditions of the scheme).
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Free on-site parking
1 July 2022
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.