As part of the accounts payable team for the British Engines Group, reporting to the Group Finance Supervisor, the successful candidate will be required to ensure payments to suppliers are made in a timely manner and that all costs relating to the business are classified appropriately.
They will work within the team to process all purchase invoices in an accurate, conclusive and timely manner including any intercompany and overseas suppliers’ invoices. They will identify, log and work with suppliers and internal departments to resolve all invoice queries.
Duties will include
Duties will include:
- To process a large volume of invoices in a variety of systems
- To match up goods received notes to purchase invoices; concluding any inaccuracies or issues
- To open incoming mail and distribute to the appropriate divisions
- To create supplier BACS runs or create manual payments when required
- To prepare and submit payments to UK and international suppliers and employees
- To ensure all documentation/letters/emails are answered promptly and accurately
- To reconcile supplier statements
- To set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within purchase ledger
- To carry out housekeeping of creditors ensuring only valid current items are on the system
- To undertake training or provide training to others where appropriate
- To participate in making improvements to the purchase ledger
- To assist the wider finance team during internal and external audit inspections
- To scan and file finance documents accurately, ensuring easy retrieval for others
- To ensure that you work in a safe manner and comply with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate will have two years of experience working in an accounts payable team and will have knowledge of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. They will demonstrate excellent IT skills, including proficiency in using Microsoft Office. Experience of VLOOKUP and pivot tables is essential. Candidates will have experience of managing internal and external stakeholders in a busy environment.
Candidates will have strong organisational skills and approach tasks with initiative, efficiency and a proactive attitude. They will have the ability to work within a team, working towards strict deadlines.
They will have strong communications skills to assist in dealing with internal customers and external suppliers, the ability to collaborate with other team members to achieve deadlines.
They will demonstrate proven experience of processing high volumes of invoices to strict deadlines within a fast paced/high volume environment.
To apply for this vacancy please visit www.britishengines.co.uk vacancies and search for the relevant role. You will be transferred to our online application form which will take no more than five minutes to complete. This process will require some basic information and the opportunity to attach a CV and/or a letter of application.