To support the Marketing Manager in marketing activities with the aim of developing consistent, strategic and effective marketing at Rotary Power and Michell Bearings.
Working with the traditional marketing mix and in the digital sector, this is the perfect opportunity for someone who wants to learn a wide range of skills in a commercial environment. During your placement, you will gain experience in branding, design, website development, SEO, events/exhibitions, copywriting, social media and print.
Duties will include
- Developing and maintaining brand guidelines and standards across all documentation
- Using design packages for the production of high quality marketing material
- Gathering potential PR stories and website content, writing press releases and sending to the media
- Aiding in the development and maintenance of company websites including liaising with our digital agency and being proactive in SEO techniques
- Social media strategy development and implementation
- Working with suppliers in the design, print, photography and digital sectors
- Event management including assisting in the organisation of trade show exhibitions
- Supporting and developing marketing campaigns
- Writing, designing and managing the printing of company newsletters
- Taking and editing product and business photography to be used across communications
- Planning and running internal CSR office events
- Market sector research as and when required
NOTE: This is not an exhaustive list and other duties relating to marketing may be also be required.
We are looking for a candidate who is creative, capable of writing engaging copy and a good communicator across all levels. You must be able to work independently and with the Marketing Manager to effectively develop, plan and action marketing activities to meet wider business objectives.
This role requires a proactive and enthusiastic attitude towards the role, with the adaptability to deal with a variety of different environments. You will also have a confident and organised approach to work, as you will be assisting in the organisation of exhibitions all over the world.
Skills and experience
- Applicants must be studying a relevant university degree (or equivalent)
- Minimum predicted grade of a 2:1 or above
- Competent in Microsoft packages including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience using Adobe packages such as InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is desired
- Excellent communication and writing skills
Strong organisation skills, especially when managing events