Reporting to the Shift Manager the Warehouse Team Leader will be responsible for the full process of the day to day operation of the warehouse and packing department. The key operational requirement for this role is the exceptional delivery to customers both internal and external. This will be achieved by providing guidance and support to your team, coordinating their workloads, monitoring any issues and enabling a smooth operation of the warehouse areas.
Duties will include
- To take responsibility for running an efficient warehouse operation which is able to fulfil operational and customer demand and meet set targets
- To ensure the delivery of materials to production lines in accordance with production schedules
- To supervise packing and checking processes for accuracy and to ensure customer orders are fulfilled
- To efficiently communicates the status, problems, risks and achievements to the Shift Manager
- To ensure sufficient planning to maximise efficiency and ensure operational success
- To train new Warehouse Operatives within the area
- To guide and motivate team members to enhance performance and produce quality work, ensuring continuous development
- To ensure inventories are accurate and stock movements are recorded accurately
- To support with organising and participating in stock takes at regular intervals
- To ensure that any computerised or automated systems are accurate and up to date
- To identify any systems improvements and make recommendations for change
- To resolve or elevate issues or problems which occur in the warehouse
- To produce regular reports and statistics as and when required
- To assist in planning future capacity requirements
- To ensure that vehicles, machinery and equipment is well maintained and fit for purpose
- To liaise with internal and external customers, suppliers and transport companies as and when required in a timely manner
- To manage the performance of production employees and complete appropriate actions as required
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate must have previous experience of working in a supervisory role within a high volume warehouse environment with a good understanding of implementing process improvements and problem solving.
They must also have excellent communication skills, be organised and self-motivated with a hands on approach.
Working hours are 37 per week on an early/late shift pattern.
27 May 2022
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.