British Engines has received notification that a number of people in countries outside the UK are offering potential candidates employment with the group or offers of sponsorship to come to the UK (using our name) in return for large sums of money.
These job offers and sponsorship packages are fraudulent. If you believe that you have received a fraudulent job offer or sponsorship offer please contact us.
The nature of these fraudulent recruitment campaigns varies, but we do have knowledge that these people are using fake British Engines letterhead to make these offers, sometimes in person to the candidate. So far we have ascertained that this is happening in India, in particular, but potentially elsewhere outside the UK.
We would like to make it clear that a genuine offer from British Engines would not involve monetary payment of any sort. A job offer would be made only after a face to face interview with our UK recruitment team and/or an employee of our local office in the country concerned.
All job offers or sponsorship packages asking for a monetary payment are not genuine.
What you should NOT do:
- Do not send money or provide financial details to anyone purporting to be from British Engines or any of our group companies; BEL Valves, CMP Products, Rotary Power, Michell Bearings, Stephenson Gobin, Stadium Export Services or BEL Engineering.
- Do not respond to any offers of employment or sponsorship from people you do not know
- Do not continue any correspondence with people you suspect as being fraudulent
What you can expect from British Engines during a genuine recruitment process:
- You will not be asked for any sort of monetary payment
- A job offer would be preceded by a formal application process and a face to face interview
- Financial information, including bank details, would only be asked for when a contract of employment is signed by both parties
If you are in doubt about any job or sponsorship offer that has been made to you for employment with British Engines or any of our companies (see list above) please contact us.